While many simply take care of a wrongly located hive by killing the bees with poison, there are effective ways to humanely remove bees without their demise.
Here are a few:
1) Smoke bees are very sensitive to odors and smoke is one that sends off alarms within their hive. Build a fire near the rogue hive and they should leave pretty quickly.
2) Garlic crush liberal amounts of garlic and mix with tap water. Spray it near the hive and they should find new digs pronto.
3) Citronella candles and torches are effective at warding off all types of bugs, including bees.
4) Peppermint plant this fragrant herb in spots where bees shouldn’t be and they’ll be inclined to find a less minty neighborhood.
5) Cinnamon works well on ground based hives (like in your flower beds) sprinkle ground cinnamon around a hive you discover and it should convince your lawn loving bees to find a better location.